Skip to main content

August Operation Christmas Child Roundup

I am absolutely obsessed with Operation Christmas Child! I love the idea of being able to fulfill the great commission right from home! I've decided to do a monthly Operation Christmas Child Roundup to show you all the deals I found over the month for OCC (Operation Christmas Child), and hopefully give you some ideas for your own boxes!
As the leaves start turning brown and cardboard school buses start lining the center aisle at Walmart, the time comes once more for back to school sales. This is when I like getting any pens, pencils, crayons, colored pencils, or anything school related for my boxes. This is when school and office supplies hit their rock bottom prices for the year, with a few rare exceptions. I haven't been able to take too much advantage of it yet this year, but I'm hoping to get in there early September. Actually, I don't think I've been to the store all month. Hence the really small roundup, sorry about that! This is also the time of year when they start clearancing their summer stock. It's not unusual to find $1 t-shirts and even shoes at Walmart. A friend of mine just found $0.50 flip flops and $0.10 jump ropes. I'm jealous! 
While I didn't make it to the store my personal OCC shopper (AKA mom) made it there a few times. We have this deal going, I watch her kids so she can take grandma to town, and she watches for OCC stuff for me. Works out pretty well!


 Not very much this month, oh well, I can make up for it next month!


24 pack of pens at Walmart for $0.75, which comes to just over $0.03 a piece, I didn't think that was bad.

A jump rope my mom threw in her bag at the local thrift shop, new in the package, so it works well.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dollar Tree Doll Hats Free Crochet Pattern

     Hello! Sorry it's been so long since I've done a post. I have gotten so caught up in packing season!!! God has been providing for us and multiplying our efforts more than I could have imagined this year! I can't wait to tell you all about it! But, that's going to have to wait until after packing season.      If you're looking for a quick last minute craft to add to your boxes, I have a crochet pattern for you. This quick and easy baby doll hat will fit the $1 Tree baby dolls, and only takes about a half hour to make. Are you ready? Let's get started! $1 Tree Baby Doll Hat Pattern Row 1: ch 3 sc 7 in first ch, sl st. to join. Row 2: ch 2, 2 sc in each stitch around, join. Row 3: ch 2, 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next repeat around, join. Row 4: ch 2, 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next 2 stitches repeat around, join. Row 5: ch 2, 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next 3 stitches repeat around, join. Row 6: ch 3, dc in each stitch around, join. Ro

10 Ways to Stretch Hamburger

Hamburger is getting expensive now days! With our family of 7 we are constantly trying to find ways to cut down on our hamburger usage. These are my top 10 favorite ways to stretch hamburger. Beans Beans are one of my favorite things to use to make hamburger stretch. They taste similar, and they even look similar, the kids will never know. Whahahahaha! Rice We use rice a lot when it's going into burritos, or casseroles, it's a little more visible than beans, but it cuts in nicely. Onions Onions are nice because if you cut them up small they get translucent and you can hardly see them. Tomato Paste I know this sounds weird, but we put an 8 oz can of tomato paste in our taco meat the other night, it was wonderful! Bread Crumbs I'm not as fond of this one, and I only use it in a few recipes, but it is valuable in the ones I use it in. Barley I haven't tried this one yet, but I can't wait to try it. I love barley to start with, so this is going to b

My (Kinda) Senior Year

Since 9th grade I have been planning on graduating early. Well... I've been working on it since the end of 10th grade. Somehow going into 11th, this math didn't work out too well. So, this summer I hit it hard and tried to get my school work done. I had it figured out that in order to graduate early over this summer I had to do an extra 1/2 credit of History and an extra credit of Literature. I figured it wouldn't be to hard to get those done. What I forgot to figure in is that I would be gone for over 4 weeks this summer. Yeah, being gone for 1/3 of the time you have to get a lot done, doesn't work too well. Now starting my official junior year, and my hopeful senior year I have to buckle down and get my stuff done. Over the summer I was supposed to complete Bob Jones (BJU) 11th grade Literature and BJU American Government, which is a half credit book that according to the BJU curriculum you are supposed to do in 12th grade. Over the summer I DID complete all but