Skip to main content

Catching up

Hello! I haven't written anything since last November. Wow! The time has flown! A number of things have changed in my life, probably more than has ever changed before in such a short time. I'll quickly get you caught up on what's been happening.

Courtship
     First of all, I started courting (not dating) the most wonderful man in the world. On my birthday last January he surprised me by coming with a letter asking me to begin a relationship with him that, Lord willing, would lead to marriage.

Graduation
Secondly my crazy plan succeed even with all the excitement. By God's grace I finished high school a year early, that's why I'm hoping to be able to keep up with this blog. I also succeed in avoiding a graduation party! Instead my mom and I went with some dear friends on a ladies retreat to Mackinac Island. Way more fun!

Engagement
On Memorial Day 2017 My dear Matthew asked me to marry him. With his marvelous perfectionistic tendencies (which I do NOT possess!) it was ideal, down to the last detail. He even involved Operation Christmas Child! It baffles me, everyone wants to see the ring, I don't care about the ring! He could have tied a piece of yarn around my finger, I just wanted the man who came with it!

So now my lot in life has changed drastically. Before I was a teenage girl, trying to finish school and learn homemaking skills. Now I am done with school and I better have the skills necessary because they're going to get tested next December! Did I mention we set a date? Lord Willing, December 16th. Isn't that a nice date? I'm rather fond of it!

Comments

  1. awe!!! congratulations!!! need a photographer? ;) i should send you my page. i havent done a ton of weddings, for a lot of reasons (most of them being children haha) but i wouldnt even charge you - you could pay me what you wanted or could, or nothing i wouldnt care im so happy for you and you deserve a blessing for doing this Gods way!! :) praise God! amen! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Actually one of my best friends, and 2 of his brothers are photographers, so we should have it covered. Thank you for offering!

      Delete
  2. so, hey, i want to hear this engagement story!!!

    as a perfectionist myself, im learning how hard it is to let go of all of that. its definitely a necessary process, because truly nothing in life is perfect. i always thought that it didnt affect other things too, but it really does, when i hold myself to perfect standards, i was holding other people to them also, and it caused a lot of problems. i cant believe im just learning this at my age! but ive felt a massive amount of peace and calm every time i can give up some of my perfect standards. something to think of and work toward and have patience with as you both grow together. God desires us to be perfect, but only in our efforts and consistency in coming back to him for repentance, forgiveness and sanctification, not in every day action and deed and word. we can only but try...
    sorry. im blabbing. :( :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We actually have a video of it! :) I'm hoping to do a post on it sometime.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dollar Tree Doll Hats Free Crochet Pattern

     Hello! Sorry it's been so long since I've done a post. I have gotten so caught up in packing season!!! God has been providing for us and multiplying our efforts more than I could have imagined this year! I can't wait to tell you all about it! But, that's going to have to wait until after packing season.      If you're looking for a quick last minute craft to add to your boxes, I have a crochet pattern for you. This quick and easy baby doll hat will fit the $1 Tree baby dolls, and only takes about a half hour to make. Are you ready? Let's get started! $1 Tree Baby Doll Hat Pattern Row 1: ch 3 sc 7 in first ch, sl st. to join. Row 2: ch 2, 2 sc in each stitch around, join. Row 3: ch 2, 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next repeat around, join. Row 4: ch 2, 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next 2 stitches repeat around, join. Row 5: ch 2, 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next 3 stitches repeat around, join. Row 6: ch 3, dc in each stitch around, join. Ro

10 Ways to Stretch Hamburger

Hamburger is getting expensive now days! With our family of 7 we are constantly trying to find ways to cut down on our hamburger usage. These are my top 10 favorite ways to stretch hamburger. Beans Beans are one of my favorite things to use to make hamburger stretch. They taste similar, and they even look similar, the kids will never know. Whahahahaha! Rice We use rice a lot when it's going into burritos, or casseroles, it's a little more visible than beans, but it cuts in nicely. Onions Onions are nice because if you cut them up small they get translucent and you can hardly see them. Tomato Paste I know this sounds weird, but we put an 8 oz can of tomato paste in our taco meat the other night, it was wonderful! Bread Crumbs I'm not as fond of this one, and I only use it in a few recipes, but it is valuable in the ones I use it in. Barley I haven't tried this one yet, but I can't wait to try it. I love barley to start with, so this is going to b

Why We Chose Courtship

A few years ago I read Joshua Harris' book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" and saw the flaws in America's dating philosophy. The puppy-mill of relationship after relationship held no charm for me. Why would I want to waste the precious time God has given me on this earth on one boy after the other? No way, Jose! I decided that if Christ could conquer death, He could find my husband. He definitely didn't need my help! By God's grace he granted me a wonderful, godly young man without much waiting. Even after "The wait" we decided that courtship was a better way to go.     Purposefulness The first thing that differentiates courtship from dating is it's purposefulness. As opposed to dating, where it's generally seen as a temporary relationship just "for fun", the goal of courtship is getting to know someone for the purpose of marriage. In our relationship Matthew made it clear from the beginning that he intended to marry me. Courtshi