Skip to main content

5 Books to get you Motivated for Christ



Kisses From Katie
      Kisses from Katie is a true story about a girl who decided to take a short term mission trip to Africa. She fell in love with the place and the people. She started by teaching a kindergarten class and ended up adopting a houseful of little girls. She also started Amazima . Through the book, you get to watch as an average American girl, barely out of high school learns to die to herself and live for Christ. Apart from the Bible itself, this is my personal favorite book! That's how it got to the top of the list.

Revolution in World Missions
     Through this autobiography you get to watch a boy from a poverty stricken family in India grow up to serve Christ and start Gospel for Asia, a ministry devoted to sending national missionaries to their own people. It's Definitely a challenging book! Also, this one happens to be free, so it's a good place to start!

A Chance to Die
      The story of Amy Carmichael, an amazing missionary who devoted her entire life to Christ from a young age, making a huge impact in India. This book about her life shows her dedication to Christ and what He called her to. God has used this account of her selflessness and devotion to convict me of my own selfishness many times.

Do Hard Things
      I've always felt that kids and teens are underutilized and underdeveloped. They are at a perfect age, capable of a certain maturity (I say capable because unfortunately in the US today they do not generally possess it), they are strong, and able to work without having the responsibilities of adulthood. This is an excellent resource for young adults who are seeking to serve the Lord with the years of their youth.

Will Our Generation Speak?
     An excellent book on the underappreciated art of witnessing. This book focuses on the Christian's responsibility to share the gospel and practically how to do so. I would recommend this as a practical start after reading Do Hard Things.

Are there any specific books that get you fired up and ready to serve Christ? I'd love to hear about them! Let me know in the comments!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dollar Tree Doll Hats Free Crochet Pattern

     Hello! Sorry it's been so long since I've done a post. I have gotten so caught up in packing season!!! God has been providing for us and multiplying our efforts more than I could have imagined this year! I can't wait to tell you all about it! But, that's going to have to wait until after packing season.      If you're looking for a quick last minute craft to add to your boxes, I have a crochet pattern for you. This quick and easy baby doll hat will fit the $1 Tree baby dolls, and only takes about a half hour to make. Are you ready? Let's get started! $1 Tree Baby Doll Hat Pattern Row 1: ch 3 sc 7 in first ch, sl st. to join. Row 2: ch 2, 2 sc in each stitch around, join. Row 3: ch 2, 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next repeat around, join. Row 4: ch 2, 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next 2 stitches repeat around, join. Row 5: ch 2, 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next 3 stitches repeat around, join. Row 6: ch 3, dc in each stitch around, join. Ro

10 Ways to Stretch Hamburger

Hamburger is getting expensive now days! With our family of 7 we are constantly trying to find ways to cut down on our hamburger usage. These are my top 10 favorite ways to stretch hamburger. Beans Beans are one of my favorite things to use to make hamburger stretch. They taste similar, and they even look similar, the kids will never know. Whahahahaha! Rice We use rice a lot when it's going into burritos, or casseroles, it's a little more visible than beans, but it cuts in nicely. Onions Onions are nice because if you cut them up small they get translucent and you can hardly see them. Tomato Paste I know this sounds weird, but we put an 8 oz can of tomato paste in our taco meat the other night, it was wonderful! Bread Crumbs I'm not as fond of this one, and I only use it in a few recipes, but it is valuable in the ones I use it in. Barley I haven't tried this one yet, but I can't wait to try it. I love barley to start with, so this is going to b

Why We Chose Courtship

A few years ago I read Joshua Harris' book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" and saw the flaws in America's dating philosophy. The puppy-mill of relationship after relationship held no charm for me. Why would I want to waste the precious time God has given me on this earth on one boy after the other? No way, Jose! I decided that if Christ could conquer death, He could find my husband. He definitely didn't need my help! By God's grace he granted me a wonderful, godly young man without much waiting. Even after "The wait" we decided that courtship was a better way to go.     Purposefulness The first thing that differentiates courtship from dating is it's purposefulness. As opposed to dating, where it's generally seen as a temporary relationship just "for fun", the goal of courtship is getting to know someone for the purpose of marriage. In our relationship Matthew made it clear from the beginning that he intended to marry me. Courtshi