Skip to main content

September Operation Christmas Child Roundup


Back in the swing of school with summer clearance nearing an end. This is the perfect time of year to catch rock bottom prices for all things box-y! You can find a lot of clothes, shoes, toys, and accessories WAY cheaper than you could find them otherwise. I got a pretty good haul this month, it evens out last months pathetic pile. So, here's what I got.
Most of what I got this month came from Family Dollar. I heard from Clip With a Purpose's Facebook Page (My absolute favorite Operation Christmas Child site!), that Family Dollar was having a 75% off Clearance event, so I went to my local Family Dollar and found a lot of great deals! While I was checking out the cashier asked what I was getting it all for, so I told her. She asked if she could call me when they had a whole bunch of clearance they needed to get rid of. I was astonished! That was definitely something God had orchestrated! I have never shopped much at Family Dollar, but now I'll definitely be shopping there a lot more!

-8 6 packs of girls large socks.
-16  6 packs of girls medium socks.

-10 pairs of 11-12 shoes 9 girls, 1 boys.
-4 pairs of 13-1 shoes 4 girls
- 6 pairs of 2-3 shoes 6 girls

-2 pairs of ladies shoes

-14 pairs of unisex flip flops


Clothes Sorted By Age Catagory

2-4

-5 girls rompers

-1 girls leggings

-2 girls shirts

-1 girls shirt and shorts outfit

5-9


-4 girls shorts

- 6 girls shirts

-6 boys shorts

10-14

- 1 girls shorts

-2 girls shirts


I still need to go through and take the tags off. I try to take everything out of the packaging before the packing party. It reduces trash at the distribution and gives you more room in the box. When I have large quantities of sock in a specific size I take them out of the packaging and put them in a gallon bag like this.


Here's what I've been working on, what have you gotten for OCC this month?




Comments

  1. thats awesome!
    it seems target gives their clearance things to goodwill too...
    so awesome and fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Dollar Tree Doll Hats Free Crochet Pattern

     Hello! Sorry it's been so long since I've done a post. I have gotten so caught up in packing season!!! God has been providing for us and multiplying our efforts more than I could have imagined this year! I can't wait to tell you all about it! But, that's going to have to wait until after packing season.      If you're looking for a quick last minute craft to add to your boxes, I have a crochet pattern for you. This quick and easy baby doll hat will fit the $1 Tree baby dolls, and only takes about a half hour to make. Are you ready? Let's get started! $1 Tree Baby Doll Hat Pattern Row 1: ch 3 sc 7 in first ch, sl st. to join. Row 2: ch 2, 2 sc in each stitch around, join. Row 3: ch 2, 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next repeat around, join. Row 4: ch 2, 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next 2 stitches repeat around, join. Row 5: ch 2, 2 sc in first stitch, 1 sc in next 3 stitches repeat around, join. Row 6: ch 3, dc in each stitch around, join. Ro

10 Ways to Stretch Hamburger

Hamburger is getting expensive now days! With our family of 7 we are constantly trying to find ways to cut down on our hamburger usage. These are my top 10 favorite ways to stretch hamburger. Beans Beans are one of my favorite things to use to make hamburger stretch. They taste similar, and they even look similar, the kids will never know. Whahahahaha! Rice We use rice a lot when it's going into burritos, or casseroles, it's a little more visible than beans, but it cuts in nicely. Onions Onions are nice because if you cut them up small they get translucent and you can hardly see them. Tomato Paste I know this sounds weird, but we put an 8 oz can of tomato paste in our taco meat the other night, it was wonderful! Bread Crumbs I'm not as fond of this one, and I only use it in a few recipes, but it is valuable in the ones I use it in. Barley I haven't tried this one yet, but I can't wait to try it. I love barley to start with, so this is going to b

Why We Chose Courtship

A few years ago I read Joshua Harris' book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" and saw the flaws in America's dating philosophy. The puppy-mill of relationship after relationship held no charm for me. Why would I want to waste the precious time God has given me on this earth on one boy after the other? No way, Jose! I decided that if Christ could conquer death, He could find my husband. He definitely didn't need my help! By God's grace he granted me a wonderful, godly young man without much waiting. Even after "The wait" we decided that courtship was a better way to go.     Purposefulness The first thing that differentiates courtship from dating is it's purposefulness. As opposed to dating, where it's generally seen as a temporary relationship just "for fun", the goal of courtship is getting to know someone for the purpose of marriage. In our relationship Matthew made it clear from the beginning that he intended to marry me. Courtshi